Robot Solutions is proud to present a Hardware In Loop Simulator (HILS) for the Autoquad flight controller. The HILS can be used either as a flight simulator or as a debugging & testing tool to verify new algorithms.
Using the HILS as a flight simulator for training and validation will require a valid license key. Usage of the HILS as a debugging & code development tool will also require access to the HILS library.
Below you will see a virtual flight and mission using the Hardware in Loop Simulator
The video below shows how you can pause and examine all variables when attached to a debugger in a ‘virtual flight’
HILS has the following unique features
- 6DOF model with kinematics and dynamics of multirotors
- User can choose to fly a variety of multirotors (Quad, Hex etc)
- Complete craft simulation done on board (So no Matlab or Labview needed)
- Actuator models mimic realistic motor behavior
- Operates as a scheduled task of the CooCox Real Time Operating System
- Output can be visualized in all compatible GCS
The HILS compiled executable has the following uses
- Can act as a training simulator for new students/pilots
- New users can get comfortable with autonomous modes & mission planning
- Output can also be visualized on Flight gear in Professional version
The HILS library file, gives you the following additional featurees
- Operates in 2 modes, with the UKF(estimator) in the loop or bypassed.
- Find code or logical errors to minimize chance of crash
- Perfect for checking if code changes satisfy real time requirements
- Pause, debug and inspect variables in simulated flight when used with a debugger